Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Recent Events: and Now for Something Completely Different

Well, its been a long time since I last posted something... I guess life decided to rear up and swallow me whole.

So, a quick recap!

I graduate in under 2 months time! And then I get to jump right into another school! Is it sad that I'm ridiculously excited to start in on my Vet Tech program? Probably, but I'm a big science geek so its okay.

I had breakfast with the US ambassador to Mozambique. Which sounds absolutely awesome--which it was--but it was all set up by the Honor's college and the ambassador is a WSU Honor's alumni . I did get to ask her a question I'd spent time researching (about changes in the US's HIV/AIDS program support since the administration change) but some other classmates decided to deviate from the planned and researched questions. As interesting as Somali pirates are, I really did want to learn more about Mozambique.

I'm now 22! And I was able to celebrate my birthday with my family in Seattle for once!

Oh, and one more little thing...I'VE FINISHED MY THESIS! I put it off and put it off and finally ran out of time to procrastinate and pulled my project together and did it in a single month! The paper's done and submitted and I just have my defense to plan at the end of the month before I find out if I passed or not. I seriously hope, but really don't think it'll happen, that someone nominates me for "passing with distinction" because I spent so much time and did all the legal work and designs etc. My research partner is working on creating a poster for a competition from our project which I don't really have to do much work on other than showing up and helping on the presentation day.

Well, those are the only things I can think of that are really interesting...

A few random thoughts though:

-Have you ever noticed that after every Selsum Blue commercial there is a LectricShave commercial which immediately follows it? EVERY time. Seriously.

-Old Spice commercials are quickly becoming my favorite commercials ever! This new one: The Man Your Man Could Smell Like is great!

-And we finally have an answer to where Sauron got the idea for the One Ring from! And we can blame Beyonce!

No comments: