Thursday, May 22, 2008

Huzzah Science Nerds!

I'm not sure if I've gushed over my Micro class enough, because I love it, and all the random shit I'm learning. Once you get over the fact that in 3 weeks of class we're still working on basic anatomy of Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic cells , learning about all the bacteria and viruses that cause disease is fun. Although, I can see how this class would make anyone misophobic, I mean yeah, we all know that "germs" are everywhere, (and they are) and mostly thanks to our BRILLIANT plan to keep everything squeaky clean and the overuse of antibiotics we are in fact creating more and more antibiotic resistant bacteria.

But, before you go and scrub down the counters and flip out, remember, we've survived how long without the use of antibiotics? Seriously.

You do have to marvel at how good at surviving prokaryotes are though, they're everywhere and in everything and have managed to adapt and evolve and even pass their antibiotic resistance between species. Thats really cool!

Yes, I really am a science geek.

And my roommates insane giggling over fanfiction is starting to frighten me... time to go hide in my room and pack for a weekend at home in Seattle.

:)

No comments: