Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hotpots are my Heroes...

How?

How is it possible to loose your car lock clicker in the car and somehow trigger the car alarm? It is possible by the way. My roommate has done so. Then promptly threw a half-hysterical, half-yelling fit while trying to find it. Sadly we can't use the key to unlock and re-lock the doors because they're frozen solid. Oh yes, did I meantion it was 3 degrees outside? And that I was wearing just a sweatshirt and jeans.

For the record, snapping at me because I'm calmly asking if its in your pockets (because its always in your pockets) and pointing out that your key is still in the ignition won't help matters at all.

Why do I always have to be the one who stays calm when shit happens and tries to do something to fix it? With two possibilities in mind, I coaxed half-hysterical roommate back to the greenhouse so we can warm up a bit, tell her to call AAA and go looking for a flashlight to try and locate the missing clicker.

What I found instead was a hotpot, so I boiled some water, walked back to the car and poured it over the locks. Voila! They work.

I'm...god, I'm just tired right now. And hungry, but nothing in the apartment sounds good, so I'll wait until later to eat. I'm done with Cell Phys though, and it probably kicked my ass... One more final and I'm done and driving home on Friday.

Praise be. Several weeks without the stress of being responsible!

No comments: