Sunday, February 22, 2009

81st Academy Awards Red Carpet

Watching the Academy Awards as I type and critiquing the fashion with my roommate. I'm apparently very amusing mid-fashion-rant. Here's what I think:

Mylie Rae Cyrus - I like the dress! It's nice and classy! The only thing is, it looks a little too old for her. I can't tell if it's beading or sequins or something else. I hope its the former. I hate sequins.

Freida Pinto - color works well, the only thing I can see that I don't like, is the single sleeve. Its a bit too form fitting 

Taraji Henson - Oh My Goodness! It's GEORGEOUS! Not so impressed with the necklace, but the dress! It's WONDERFUL! 

Melissa Leo - Like the color, don't like the change between bodice and skirt. Her hair...why?

Viola Davis - PREETY! Color! Love the skirt! Love the broach! Love the lines! 

Heidi Klum - Her hair is plastered to the top of her head, I don't care if it's 'modern' and 'origami' like...its strange. 

Michael Shannon - He looks... kinda drunk and exhausted and... his head is very square. His hair is very...scruffy... I don't think he looks like he should be on the Oscar red carpet.

Sarah Jessica Parker - "barely mint" ? What kind of a color is that? she's almost popping out of the bodice. Honey, the girls aren't happy with you. Don't like the belt either. Eye makeup=extreeme. 

Amy Adams - interesting lines... large necklace too....is that glass? Something's up with her eye makeup...love the hair in the back though.

Amanda Seymour - I like it, but the bold color washes her out a bit.

Robert Patterson - Twilight boy,  do a proper styling for a formal event. And shave the 'stubble'. 

Natalie Portman - Very simple, the spots of flitter/sequins are odd. I LOVE her hair though!

Beyonce - When is she not georgeous! the bottom is a bit big for me, but it all comes together great!

Queen Latifa - Hmmm... I wish I could get a better picture of her dress. 

Anne Hathaway - I do like this! the waist is off in my mind, but the rest is great!

Angelina Jole - She's lovely (as always) in a simple black dress! Even with the wierd psudo-cape in the back, I won't diss it at all because she's Angelina Jole and she'll very easily kick my ass if she want to. Love her. Love the dress. Love the hair. Love the green earrings! 

Penelope Cruz -  very simple jewlery, very simple dress. Almost wedding dress-ish. Lots of rouging and lots of texture. AND ITS VINTAGE! 

Kate Winslet - Oh hun, the waist on it makes her midline look puffy. I'm so sorry. I love the bodice shape though. the black decal on it though...not so crazy about it. Nice simple, light makeup and I love the earrings! Her hair is very elegent too!

No comments: