Friday, September 26, 2008

Thanks for Being Entirely Unhelpful...

I just finished and posted my essay which is due tonight at 8 for my Animal Science Ethics class. I started writing it this morning and I'm actually quite proud of how it turned out. What's due tonight is only a rough draft of the final essay (due weds) and the whole point of the draft is to get feedback from your fellow classmates on how to improve your essay. Part of the assignment is to reply to 2 of your classmates' posted essays. You're supposed to write 2 paragraphs: one on what you like and one on what they could change (Citing specifics). I just finished my toned down Grammar Nazi routine on two papers and found that I've gotten a reply.

Upon reading it I decided that either I am rediculously more experienced in butchering papers and giving useful feedback, or I am simply expecting too much from a 200 level class...

Here's the response I got (with commentary):

"Your introduction paragraph was very well written (thank you). I also like dhow (spell check! It's available online too, you know!) you used your citations, they helped support what you were talking about (...that is generally what citations do...). I also liked that I could understand what you were talking about, seeing how some of these experiments are really hard to understand (...that would be because I was SUMMARIZING the experiment...in real life it is painfully difficult to understand...damn stats and scientific lingo). I'm not sure what you could improve upon(...wait...what? Nothing? You've got nothing?! Not my utter BS spewed heavily thoughout? Not my explanation of my position on the ethical situation?!). I liked it a lot. Great Job."

This person deserves the 15 point deduction they're going to get for being entirely unhelpful...

No comments: