Wednesday, January 28, 2009

TA's kick ass

Especially when they're quirky Bio TA's who know their stuff and can explain it very well.

And when you get quotes like: 

"Botonists are creepy. They just stare at plants all day. Plants don't do anything."

Also, I am once again reminded why I loath one of my professors, henceforth referred to as the Douchbag. Apparently those of us signing up for a 300 level biology course don't know what "pre" and "post" mean, thus why the Douchbag slowly and horribly explained it in the context of neural synapses (which anyone who's taken a HS level bio course understands better than him). He is also apparently forgetting that one of the pre-reqs for this class is a passing grade in Cell Phys, in which we spent weeks on the little details involved in all these reactions he's bumbling over. The Douchbag is also apparently psychic and hates me because he meantioned one of my least favorite topics in Physiology: Second Messanger Systems. I spent weeks on them last semester and, oh, here they are again. Just to rub some salt in that wound.

Only good thing I can think of involving the Douchbag: he's totally getting his ass fired at the end of this semester. :D Happy days.

and while I'm on the subject of Mammalian Physiology: I need to remember not to scrawl notes to my friend in it because she apparently can't keep from laughing aloud in the middle of a silent lecture hall. I think the only reason we didn't get yelled at was because of my "I'm-paying-close-attention-to-your-lecture-and-am-very-interested" face was plastered on. 

And a final note for my dear friends in Seattle: I'll be home President's Day/ Valentine's Day weekend! (Huzzah Zoology Club trips to Point Defiance!)

No comments: